There are various hiking trails over the Du Toitskloof Pass & Bainskloof Pass as well as the Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve area:
1) Elands River Trail (Limietberg Nature Reserve) – This 8km hike along the Elands River, takes one through pristine fynbos landscape. After an initial steep climb, the route becomes easier following the Elands River.
2) Krom River Trail (Limietberg Nature Reserve ) – The Krom River day hike is one of the best known walks in the Limietberg Nature Reserve, in the Du Toitskloof Pass between Paarl and Worcester. The trail is 7 km long and takes 3 to 5 hours to complete (there-and-back) – depending how much time is spent along the route. There are many small pools along the way as well as two beautiful water falls.
3) Miaspoort Trail (Du Toitskloof Pass) – This hiking trail is on the Paarl side of the Du Toitskloof Pass. It leads to the Italian Cross at Huguenot Kop, which was erected by the Italian prisoners of war who built the pass – a distance of approximately 4km (3 hours).
4) Donkerkloof Trail.
5) Limietberg Trail – was originally a one way route through the mountains between Du Toit’s Kloof and Bain’s Kloof Passes, but has now been changed to a circular route starting from the Limietberg Nature Reserve’s Tweede Tol Offices, with secure parking and camping facilities.
6) Klipkershout Walking Trail (Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve) – various scenic walking trails from 2.5km to 10km. A circular route that takes about 2-3 hours to walk, was laid out by local schools and comes complete with a guidebook to help you make the most out of your walk.
7) Vlermuisgrot Bat Cave Walking Trail (Paarl Mountain Nature Reserve)
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.