Jenny’s Homecooking Experience offers you a unique homecooking experience and an opportunity to dine with a local family in the town of Paarl, considered the pearl of the Cape Winelands in South Africa. Jenny and her family will share with you their love for people, the community and food in the comfort of their home, giving you a taste of traditional South African cuisine.
Starters: Choose from
- Braai or Smoor Snoek (Fish) or
- Jenny’s butternut soup.
Main Course: Choose from
- Cape Malayan Bobotie, pumpkin fritters, yellow rice (begrafnis rys).
- Water blommetjie bredie and rice (Typical Cape Winelands dish) Only available in season.
- Ostrich neck in red wine sauce.
- South African Braai (meat or chicken grilled on an open fire). Please note only if more than 6 guests.
Dessert: Choose from
- Milk tart and or koeksisters or koesisters (yes there is a difference) served with coffee or tea
- Malva pudding and custard
Join us for an intimate evening of enjoyable conversation, and the let us share with you the local stories. You are welcome to bring your own wine. Bookings are essential.
Paarl People is a local enterprise and a celebration of the diverse people of the Paarl Valley. It is from the edges of Paarl, where the founding father of South Africa, Nelson Mandela greeted the world as a free man, after 27 years of incarceration. Our “new” freedom is reflected in our logo that also celebrates the Afrikaans language. Paarl People specialise in Paarl branded memorabilia and showcase the best of the people of the Paarl Valley.
Costs is R 185.00 per person.
Jenny’s Homecooking Experience is a proudly Paarl People product.
cell : +27 82 925 5212
phone : +27 21 872 6104
fax : +27 21 872 5292
- 5 Antoinette Street, Denneburg
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.