Housed in an old cow shed, Babel is a wonderful mix of Cape Dutch architecture with contemporary glass walls that makes for a simple yet edgy environment in which to try our tasty yet often unconventional combinations. We have a farm-to-fork philosophy, which means we like to serve food that is seasonal and that reflects our “pick, clean and serve” approach.
Because our menu is guided by what is available in the garden, our food always reflects the season, and so in summer we may serve you a yellow salad of pineapple, gooseberries, granadillas, yellow tomatoes and apricots while in winter a slow-cooked leg of lamb in red wine is more likely. Dessert subscribes to four flavors, namely salty, bitter, sweet and sour. And while our meals are creative, we don’t like to tamper unduly with our food. Our meals are always clear in structure, so that fruit and vegetables gathered daily from the garden is often served with its skin on. Helpings are generous and depending on the weather you can take your meal in the glass-enclosed restaurant or under the plane trees in the courtyard.
- Booking is essential. Reservations open two months in advance and can be made between the hours of 8h00 and 17h00 on +27 (0)21 863 3852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel guests enjoy priority for restaurant bookings.
- Please enquire about options for groups. For groups of 13 to 18 guests, a set menu will be offered and a 50% deposit is required to secure the booking. Should you wish to bring a larger group, we have private function venues available.
- The restrooms at Babel restaurant are wheelchair-friendly.
- Kindly note that all pathways on the farm are gravel, and covered with peach pips in some areas of the garden.
- Babylonstoren Farm, Klapmuts-Simondium Road, R45
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.